ISPO International Conference: Orthotic and Therapeutic Management of Stroke Patients 2014
The Sirindhorn School of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital established a Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics program in 2002 (Thai program), and in 2010 initiated an International program. Due to the commitment, diligence and an enormous amount of hard work by SSPO staff, the school was officially recognized and accredited by the International Society of Prosthetics & Orthotics (ISPO) at category 1 level.
Following the suggestions of the WHO, research, academic, and clinical services are essential aspects which SSPO is developing toward international standards. SSPO is also applying new technology to the school strategy in order to enhance the potential of lecturers, students, and other medical staff to support the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
In this regard, Sirindhorn School of Prosthetics and Orthotics will be hosting an ISPO International Conference: Orthotic and Therapeutic Management of Stroke Patients 2014, August 5-8, 2014. The goal is to facilitate lecturers and other clinical staff to obtain new knowledge which they can apply to their daily work, resulting in benefits to Thai people and society.
1. To obtain knowledge and comprehension of stroke management.
2. To apply knowledge of stroke management to clinical work with efficiency, and be able to develop teaching materials and curriculum at international standards.
3. To promote the reputation of the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University internationally.
Time & Place
5 - 8 August 2014
Srisavarindira Building, Siriraj Hospital
Sirindhorn School of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Workshop)
Expected benefits and results
1. Delegates will obtain knowledge and comprehension of stroke management.
2. Delegates will obtain knowledge to apply in their work and enable them to develop teaching materials and curriculum at international standards.
3. The Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University will augment its excellent reputation internationally.
CPEU = 25.8 from Physical Therapy Council, Thailand